Tuesday, November 27, 2007

First Snowfall in Ottawa (Nov. 23)

First snowfall came on Nov.23, kinda excited to see snow here. Thanks to its come, I would say this is the only thing that gave me the refreshing feeling these days, because what I have gone through recently can only be described as one word - "B-U-S-Y"! Also, snow reminded me of winter in Beijing, although it becomes more and more rare to see snowy days during the winter of Beijing. Umm... Climate changes have been bringing so dramatic effect on earth.

On Saturday the 24th , I had a group disscussion in the afternoon. So i went to school and recorded the snowy scenes on campus. Pics. were taken by my cell phone as well.


This kind of waiting room at bus stop really comes in handy in winter of Ottawa, it blocks chilly wind and storm although doesn't provide any heaters. It is only expected to be seen at major stops, which is far more not enough as far as i'm concerned.





Four pics above are taken on uOttawa campus

2 comments:

Ocracokewaves said...

Thanks for dropping by my View from the Mountain blog. I always try to return the favor.

I was pleased to find that you are blogging from Canada. We lived in Canada for 17 years in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick where we had a large cattle operation.

We now live on the Carolina Coast.

All of our three children were born in Canada. Our youngest is just graduating from UNC Charlotte this December.

I also really enjoy photography and have large collections at Picasa web albums and Flickr in addition to my Sunrise Mountain Photography site.

I especially enjoyed seeing the snow on the ground in Ottawa in your post. We have been enjoying temperatures around 22 Celsius. It hasn't been that long since we saw some temperatures over 27 Celsius.

You can see some shots of recent warm weather fun at my Coastal NC Website

http://coastalnc.org

We are actually still getting tomatoes here on the North Carolina coast. I might pull the plants up this weekend, but mostly because we are tired of them and have enough to get us into January.

I don't miss the Canadian snow, but I do miss those mussels that you have on your website. The ribs don't look bad either. When I worked in Halifax for Apple Computer, PEI Mussels were one of my favorite lunches.

I can still remember college cooking events.

I had a good friend who was from Hawaii. She would fix stir fry every Sunday night with whatever she could scrounge up. Sometimes we ended up with hot dog fried rice. The only rule she had was that in order to eat, you had to be proficient with chopsticks.

I am still an expert with Chopsticks after all these years.

Keep up the blogging and drop by if you are in the area.

We love to have folks from the Northeast US & Canada visit. They think the waters are warm in April :)

-Ocracokewaves

Dandelionaqiu said...

Wow~~ thanks for your favor.
It is a real pleasure and surprise for me to receive this interesting comment.

I have seen the coastal pictures of your living place from your blog, it is so beautiful! I like ocean too, although I cannot swim. Anyways, enjoy your sunny days~ ^^