Friday, January 18, 2008

Don't want to grow (January 18)

Today is my birthday. I should have done something different from the usuals. It seems, however, nothing special is gonna happen today. I will be going to school taking evening course just like what I did yesterday. A good thing is I received many birthday wishes from people both in China and Canada. Thanks all of you! Thanks for remembering my birthday!


Birthday reminds me that I'm older than yesterday, so I really don't want to celebrate it. I don't want to grow up. I like eating birthday cake very much, but if I can stop growing at the cost of never eating it anymore, I won't say a word.


Recently I watched a movie called "Butterfly Effect". I like the story's idea, creativity, plot and the way it goes. From my understanding, it tells us that life is not perfect, nobody can play the role of God and help everyone around him/her lead a good life without the cost of any things. The only thing that we can do is to cherish what we have right now, family, friends or lovers . Life is all about change and balance, isn't it? Sometimes, we have to face the reality, even if it is unsatisfactory and we are not willing to accept it. Okay, now I have to accept the fact of growing; it is the rule of nature, no more complaint. ;) Besides, I also got the message from the movie that even the smallest choice we made or the action we carried out may bring dramatic difference to our future life, so we'd better be careful for what we choose and be responsible for what we do now and don't regret ourselves over time.


Today I visited my elementary school's alumni website, and saw many familar names from there. A lot of stories relating to these names came to my mind suddenly, though some are segments, they are still vivid and just like happened yesterday. As a matter of fact, it has been more than ten years after my graduation from elementary school. The time really goes by so quickly, now everyone is a grown-up. Maybe someone is even father or mother already. I was amazed by seeing some pictures of them on the website, cause their appearances changed a lot and I guess I don't dare to call their name if I meet them somewhere on the street.


I don't know why I tend to recall the past quite often these days... really don't know...Miss my family, especially the one I lost. Grandma, I love you!!!





----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was wrong. My expectation made early afternoon was totally wrong this time!!! Today is not as usual. I got a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig surprise, oh my goodness! I even felt the Butterfly Effect myself, really! To say it simple and clear, I'll list what happened in the evening in time order.


1. My class of today was cancelled by our Prof. (Did he do this for my birthday, haha, just kidding)

2. Because my group in this class arranged a group meeting (half an hour early before the class)originally, even this class was cancelled, we still decided to meet at school for discussion.


3. When the discussion was in process, my cell phone rang. The call was from Xue (She was not in my group). She didn't know our class was cancelled and she came to the school. When I told her I was in classroom at that moment, she said she was coming to meet me.


4. After she entered the room, I noticed that she held a box in her both hands. "What's that?" people asked. She said she bought me a birthday cake to celebrate my birthday. Woa~


5. When the group meeting was over, Xue, Jessie, Carlos and I decided to go somewhere for dinner.

I felt that the whole thing was just like God's arrangement.

  • If My class wasn't cancelled, we wouldn't have had time to eat a birthday dinner together.


  • If my group cancelled the group meeting, I wouldn't be in the classroom.


  • If Xue got the notice of cancellation of class, she wouldn't have come to the classroom.

All in all, if any of the assumptions above was true, then we cannot have today's wonderful dinner together! Thanks Xue and everyone accompanied me today very much! I have had a happiest time on birthday!!!!!!!!! Oh~ and that cheese & chocolate cake was tasty, I like it!


Because I didn't bring my camera to the school, I took pictures by my cell phone. Therefore, the pictures' quality was affected.



Cheers~

classsic Canadian food - fish and chips

Fettucini - my birthday noodles ^^

my cheese & chocolate birthay cake with a very special candle ;)





After I went back home, finally got a chance to shoot a good one by using camera :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

迟到一个月的生日快乐。。。。
我补过~~
亲耐的,恭喜你又老了一岁,和我同龄了~~~
我们同年么?

Dandelionaqiu said...

我83的,估计咱俩一样了现在。
岁月催人老啊~