Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Featured Winter Scenery in Ottawa: Icicles


As you know, the temperature of Ottawa in winter is much lower than my hometown, like mimus 20 degree Celsius is quite ordinary. Therefore, an interesting phenomenon happens here after snow; almost every building, particularly house, get the same "hairstyle" - bangs. :) That's right, you can find icicles of different size and length hanging on the eaves everywhere.I don't know exactly how do these icicles form, but they are really beautiful! In a crystal clear sunny day, you are able to see them sparkling and shining even from far away.


After I came to Ottawa, I used to miss Vancouver, especially its English Bay, because there is no sea around this capital city. With every passing day, however, I found that each city has its own characteristics and I have to learn how to appreciate them. That is enjoying what I have and what's available at the moment. Although I cannot hear the waves of the sea right now, I could see this amazing natural work of art here, which is definitely unavailable in Vancouver.


One thing important I have to mention to you is that once you get a chance to visit here, don't be too concentrated on those icicles to forget where you are, I mean right under them, that's terrible...








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

多穿点啊,那么冷

Dandelionaqiu said...

你有啥diet秘诀没有?我得先减了才能穿得下呀 ;)