Monday, September 10, 2007

Orientation Day (September 5)


lounge corner in SITE building, my orientation session was held inside the room



My orientation day was on Wednesday of last week. Basically, there were some activities prepared for entrants as well as current students. They may include introduction of faculty members and their teaching objectives, libraries, labs and a simple luncheon. The aim to have an orientation day is to help new students get familiar with campus and its facilities, their classmates and professors as soon as possible. That is by all means facilitating all the students' studies. I believe there is an orientation day at every beginning of the semester.


In my E-Business program, there are around 15 people enrolled. Some people, however, take certificate program instead of degree one. Thus, they will have less courses to learn and finish their programs a bit earlier than me. To my surprise, I just found a few Chinese classmates in my program , one person to be exact. I think most of my classmates are older than me since a lot of them have experiences of work already, and some even got many children. Actually, Chinese students are not few in UOttawa. They tend to be in the faculty of Engineering and Arts, majoring in economics, computer science, system science and so on.



on my way to OU, forget the name of this street





No comments: